1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

bagged salt/halite

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by happy, Feb 25, 2015.

1. happy

happy Junior Member

I have 6 skids of salt/halite ice melt for sale. I took delivery of a whole semi this year thinking I would need all 18, but I didn't. It is white salt "Diamond crystal winter melt" made by Cargill. $205 per skid for one skid. If you take all 6 during the same trip I will sell it for $200skid. If you come to get 6 and there is only 5 left, I will not sell all 5 for $200. So I guess if the 1st guy buys 1 then the discount is off. Sorry if this is unfair.

2. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

I say keep them till next year
    Salt doesn't get cheaper
    I always fill my storage shed 200tons or so early as possible

3. racer47

racer47 Senior Member

whats your zip code ,where you at

4. derekslawncare

derekslawncare PlowSite.com Addict

Salt is like money in the bank. As long as you keep it dry, it never goes bad and will almost always be cheaper now than in the future. Set it aside and save for later.

5. racer47

racer47 Senior Member

pm sent about salt give me a call ,thanks

6. BandBLawnCare

BandBLawnCare Junior Member
    from Ironton

How close are you to ironton Ohio 45638

7. happy

happy Junior Member

I am 20 mins west exactly of the interstate 70/75 interchange. Or about 1hr north of Cincinnatti