1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

bagged salt by pallet or so in N. Va. or Md.

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by schwerhaiv, Feb 6, 2014.

1. schwerhaiv

schwerhaiv Junior Member

Hello All:

No real bagged salt in Pittsburgh for anyone just buying an occasional pallet. I am going to Potomac next week on Friday and was thinking I might even take the truck down there and pick up a pallet. Is there anything down there that would be around next Friday. Thanks.

2. mega10cab

mega10cab Senior Member

Doubtful bud. Major shortage here too. Nothing available. Anything that becomes available is first sent/bought by the state, if anything is left then contractors have a chance to get some.
  3. schwerhaiv

schwerhaiv Junior Member

bagged salt

Thanks. I thought so.
  4. fhafer

fhafer Member

5. fireball

fireball PlowSite.com Veteran

was in john deere landscapes in DE. They had plenty.
  6. schwerhaiv

schwerhaiv Junior Member

Thanks to all. My local supplier finally got me a pallet. I am okay for a while, at least.
  7. melt all

melt all Member

We have an shipment of salt due to arrive next Thursday/Friday. Due to the high demand nationwide and in order to prevent the state from seizing it upon arrival we are pre-selling the salt. From what we can see on the market this is the only salt due to arrive in the U.S. in time to be useful.
    Funds must be transferred and cleared for tonnage requested no later than Tuesday Feb. 12th We were forced to pay for special loading terms and reconfigure the loading ports schedule to accommodate our vessel, we paid a premium for the vessel due to short notice and a premium for the salt.

Therefore the price of salt is $140.00/ton FOB & pre-payment. Our pile is located at the Port of Wilmington in Delaware in zip code 19801…….about 30 miles south of Philadelphia, PA. http://portofwilmington.com/ We only have 35,000/tons, we are getting requests from Canada and all over the U.S.
    We expect our tonnage to be depleted quickly, supply is limited and on a first come first serve basis.

We apologize for the high cost however in order to get the salt here within required time we had to secure positions so our vessel will arrive 2 weeks before all other salt shipments are due to arrive.

We have calcium and magnesium chloride pellets in super sacks $850.00/each sack contains approximately 2200lbs.
    Our solution to the high price bags....We have 1/ton super sacks of bulk salt with YPS (ANTI-CAKING AGENT) for $250.00/each. Since we are bagging undried salt the YPS is to try an prevent caking of the salt, should be ok if used within a 2week period.
    FOB Marcus Hook, PA 19061

Thank you for your understanding
    Joe Kelly
    calls only please