1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bagged Products

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by River Hill, Oct 15, 2002.

1. River Hill

River Hill Senior Member

What are you guys paying for bagged products. For example Rock Salt, Calcium, and others? Do you normally get a better price by the pallet? Also how much do you bill your customers per bag of product? I know around here most clients get billed around $12.00 for salt and $20.00 for Calcium.

2. karl klein

karl klein Senior Member

potassiam 6.00 a bag 16.00 applyed

3. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

I just picked up 30 10kg bags of rock salt for $1.50each:nod: It was on clearance, reg $3.50/bag. I would get more but I got no room. Great price for around hereThumbs Up
    I usually get 20kg but whatever is cheaper. What you guys paying for bags this year? Untreated Rock salt I'm talking.

Picture 083.jpg

4. Fourbycb

Fourbycb Senior Member

Calicum for $ 8-9.00 a bag 18.00 applied
    Rock Salt $ 6.50 a bag 15.00 applied that is per pallet purchase price

5. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

10 yr old thread.someone is bored

6. csi.northcoast

csi.northcoast Senior Member

i think we all are

7. muffy189

muffy189 Senior Member

haha i just caught that myself. and ya im bored too. lol.

8. 2ExploreSnow

2ExploreSnow Member

So much for an old thread, it still is on top of list...

Dollar General store -- bagged salt $1.50 a bag. That may be for their 20lb size.

9. peterng

peterng Senior Member

I paid $8.50/bag for a 40kg (88lb) bag by the pallet from Home Depot. $9/bag individually from the same spot. Once they ran out I could get product for similar pricing but it was not as nice of a product. dirty, sticky rock salt. Not much different than straight bagged product whereas the other product (sifto) was clearly refined, consistenly sized white particles. Flowed very nicely.

$14/bag for 50lb mag of magnesium (enviromelt)

$10/bag 44lb bag for a product called jet blu which is NaCl coated with runway deicer. Not bad but doesn't work down to the lower temps the Mag can achieve.

We certainly pay a little more for product up here in these smaller markets compared to big city. I spend a lot of time sourcing suppliers. Shipping is the big product cost. Wholesale pricing at the source is obviously favorable but the source is never nearby for me.
    Pete

10. wewille

wewille Senior Member

20 pallets at $171.00 per pallet. 50lb bags.

11. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

how many in a pallet?

12. wewille

wewille Senior Member

49 bags/pallet