1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bagged in Northern NJ

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by JeepPlow18, Dec 8, 2007.

1. JeepPlow18

JeepPlow18 Senior Member

I wanted to know if anyone knows of good places to get cheaper bagged salt and calcium cloride in Northern Jersey. I dont have a place to store bulk so I need bagged in pallets. Thanks in advance Mike

2. ppandr

ppandr Senior Member

How many pallets are you talking.....could be around $3.75/bag

3. JeepPlow18

JeepPlow18 Senior Member

Well at that price a couple of pallets. Again I dont have the room I live in a apartment complex looking for cheaper then I can find around hear. I need some salt and some ice melter. Just because a couple of my accounts dont care if I use rock salt and the other half of them say the blacktop friendly stuff. So maybe a pallet of each depending on the prices. I will pick up with my pickup two trips of course. $3.75 a bag would be great. Thanks Mike

4. JeepPlow18

JeepPlow18 Senior Member

Where can I get some like that?

5. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

$5.50 Per 50lb bag at B&S in Hackensack.
    $4.00 Per 50lb bag at Lesco in Mahwah.

6. ppandr

ppandr Senior Member

Every year I start a post for bagged salt in NJ, but somehow it gets removed. We buy direct from a vender by the trailer/half trailer load. I try to get a few friends involved so everybody can benefit. Price I was quoted a few weeks ago was $3.30/bag for a trailer. We ended up getting a half trailer of the wrong product, Blizard Wizard. Looking to order Halite in the next week or so once I find a few people. If it does not work out this year, lets get our acts together next year.

7. New Heights

New Heights Senior Member

I have been using Teere Company in Clifton. They have been good to me.

8. JeepPlow18

JeepPlow18 Senior Member

Do they just have rock salt? or other bagged ice melters and how much a bag? They had no prices on there site. Thanks Mike

9. JeepPlow18

JeepPlow18 Senior Member

Anything in Sussex county? I live in sparta, cant seem to find anything close to me thats a good price. Mike

10. New Heights

rock salt baged and bulk, calcium, magneasium, and urea.

11. tjlands

tjlands Senior Member

What price did you get the Blizzard Wizard For?
    Tim

12. JeepPlow18

JeepPlow18 Senior Member

What is the price for those. I know you said they give you a good deal so what is the normal price? Thanks Mike

13. New Heights

Teere Co. Prices Bulk salt 90.00 yd Pallet prices per bag all are 50lb bags / salt 5.00, Calcium 13.75,calcium flake 12.65, Urea 18.76, There # 973-473-3393

14. JeepPlow18

JeepPlow18 Senior Member

Thank you New Heights I appreciate your help. Mike

15. New Heights

Any time hope this helps.

16. ppandr

ppandr Senior Member

I have not got the invoice yet but I believe the quoted price was either $4.66 or $4.86 per bag delivered (hard to read the fax). Not in office right now. Ever use it and how did it work for you?

17. New Heights

what size bags? and what kind of volume did you have to buy?

18. tjlands

tjlands Senior Member

Yes it is a good alternative to the expensive lesco melt. Since lesco always runs out.
    It is just a rock salt blend like all the others, I pay 6.50 bag by the pallet. Seems to last
    longer than the lesco melt.

19. jdiller

jdiller Junior Member

These sound like really, really good prices. Most of these posts were in 2007. Have the prices changed this much in 4 years?

Whats the best price in Northern NJ. I'm in Bergen County....Mahwah NJ