1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bagged Icemelt Delivery

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by KMBertog, Feb 8, 2011.

1. KMBertog

KMBertog PlowSite.com Addict

Hey guys

This was a few weeks back. Well before the Blizzard of 2011 rolled on through the area. Snapped some pics when we were taking delivery of 12 pallets of icemelt. Between a few plow/salt events, other salt events, and then after the blizzard last week, we have ordered more and it's on the way.

2. highlander316

highlander316 Senior Member

what kind of material did you get? Send some down this way, can't find any and I was told that Lesco is sold out of the next fifteen truckloads.
  3. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Man you guys go through some salt!
  4. KMBertog

That we do! :drinkup:
  5. snocrete

snocrete Banned

How many bags are on those pallets? And what lb bags are they? Dont know if I've ever seen ice melter packaged that way..?.?...?
  6. KMBertog

50 pound bags. Unsure of exact quantity per pallet.
  7. doo-man

doo-man Senior Member

Typically there is 49 bags of 50#'rs for a skid weight of 2450#'s So if he took delivery of 12 skids its just under 30,000#'s !!!

Not bad, what you paying per bag/skid ??
  8. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

ditto! and send some our way!!!
  9. Mackman

Mackman PlowSite.com Addict
    from S.E. PA

Pics of that peterbilt that hauled in there.
  10. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Your right, but all my loads come with 18 pallets of 49/50lb bags. His pallets look like alot more than 49 bags. Thats why I was curious.

BTW, thanks for all the posts with pics KMbertog!!!
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2011
  11. 87chevy

87chevy Senior Member

his look like 77 bags
  12. paponte

paponte Senior Member

Yeah those look like monster pallets. We get 18 pallets per trailer 49 50lbers per pallet. Thanks again for the pics!
  13. KMBertog

We get the ComboTherm. Works great. We also use the Peladow as well for the more sensitive surfaces - brick, stone, etc.
  14. teamgreendude

teamgreendude Senior Member

What model is the New Holland Skid ? I'm looking for a strong loader that's easy to run, this will be my first skid steer.
    James Rosa
  15. 06slvrctd

06slvrctd Member

How did you fasten that coverall to those containers? We just bought one and are looking at ways to attach the roof to the containers. Pics would be great if you have any....

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

wow thats some serious amounts of salt
  17. Blocks n Rocks

Blocks n Rocks Junior Member

those r tall pallets. ours r the same as most of u guys 49 50# bags. we just got 10 more pallets last week. that makes 55 pallets this year
  18. KMBertog

The New Holland is L783 model. It's an older machine, but we keep in the yard to unload deliveries and it loads the salt trucks when we are expecting snow. Great machine.
  19. teamgreendude

teamgreendude Senior Member

How much can it lift ? In your professional opinion what New Holland machine would work best for a first machine. I don't need a new loader, just like an l 783 or lx865 or something like that.
    James Rosa
  20. KMBertog

I believe the max lift load is 2050 lbs for the L783. I believe the 865 might be able to lift a little more, but am not completely sure.