1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bagged Ice Melt in MA ?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by knpc, Jan 1, 2013.

1. knpc

knpc Senior Member
    from MA

I looking for a place to get ice melt in eastern MA. I go through about 75-100 50 lb bags per season so I'd like to just get a pallet or two. I have room to store them so that's not a problem.
    I have been buying it at the local big box stores, but I know I'm over paying. As I have gained more accounts, I'm going through alot more ice melt and it's a pain to grab a 10-12 bags at a time as I need them. Having a pallet of it in the garage next to my plow would be much more convenient. I've been using SWI Roadrunner brand.

Anyone know of a place I can get a pallet or two in metrowest or south shore MA?

Thank You
  2. nighthawk117

nighthawk117 Senior Member
    from Ma

See if there is a Valley Green in your area, they are a fertilizer/ grass seed dealer. They sell all kinds of ice- melt, rock salt, bagged materials.
  3. H20-32

H20-32 Member

Gallo Landscape supply, sagamore, taunton, worester locations.
  4. siteworkplus

siteworkplus Senior Member
    from mass

john deere landscape hudson ma 978 567 9200
  5. aloe

aloe Senior Member
    from NY

i have pallets of rock salt but its on the wrong side of ma for you
  6. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

John Deere Landscapes in Portsmouth NEW HAMPSHIRE. For a couple specific reasons.... Especially if you plan on buying a lot
  7. fordpusher

fordpusher Member
    from mass

calico in tauton industrial park.. i think they supply most of northeast
  8. Jim74

Jim74 Member

X2 on Gallo, I think a pallet of treated bagged salt that is around $250 where a ton of non bagged is less than a hundred, buy a bunch of buckets and fill them yourself, a little more work but cheaper in the long run. If your looking for any calcium products check out www.meltsnow.com.
  9. willshome

willshome Junior Member
    from mass

10. wilsonsground

wilsonsground Senior Member

Where in MA are you? I'm in Brookline, nh just above Townsend MA. I have 30 bags of Blizzard Wizzard that I'm looking to get rid of 7 a bag. new this year, bought a full size sander shortly after buying a pallet. PM me if interested.