1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

bagged bulk in central PA

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Jeckstine, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Jeckstine

Jeckstine Member
    from PA

Where are Harrisburg area guys getting your bagged bulk salt from? My supplier is saying he can not get any for 3 or more weeks. Wondering where your buying and cost per skid.

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

You try http://www.americhem.net/ ?

3. Jeckstine

Jeckstine Member
    from PA

thanks for the tip. I will check them out.

4. Akost15

Akost15 Junior Member
    from PA

Call David Palmer there and tell him you got his name from Albert at Tru Trac. Ice Enemy is a good product and around $400 a skid. Blue Blazer is there best product but about $100 more a skid. Try Tru Green in Harrisburg to and ask for Dave Acri... Good luck

5. Jeckstine

Jeckstine Member
    from PA

I gave David a call and am waiting a return call from him. By Tru Green are you referring to the company that does the lawn fertilizing?

Thanks for the help guys.

6. Akost15

Akost15 Junior Member
    from PA

Yes the Lawn Fertilizer company I got 3 skids off of them this year to try out. But after this post it peaked my interest because we are only down to two skids and spoke with both of them and they are both dried up right now. Americhem is who I always used and surprised I didn't get a call that they were not getting re stocked. Might have another place if you do Cal/Mag blend and will let you know as soon as I hear back tomorrow. Let me know if you find anyone, looks like I might be in the same boat as you!

7. Jeckstine

Jeckstine Member
    from PA

so far I have not found anything. Dave said he has a mix but im not sure if I want to pay that much. They all say they have orders out to get some in but it could be weeks.

8. Akost15

Akost15 Junior Member
    from PA

John Deere Landscape in Mechanicsburg has Tru Melt right now(I think 1 skid left with more coming in on Monday). Cal/Mag Blend looks okay just picked up two skids. More then I want to pay but was at $12.50 a bag with 56 bags per skid. Good luck and let me know if you find some somewhere else cheaper if i need to stock up.

Thanks!!

9. Jeckstine

Jeckstine Member
    from PA

Lancaster Home Depot had 10 skids of rock salt ice melt for 6.98 bag. I just ran down and got 3 skids of that. That plus what I have on hand I hope will hold me the rest of the season. When I left they still had 7 skids on hand.

10. melt all

melt all Member

call 610-497-9390 we have all kinds of solutions