1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

bagged 50# rocksalt

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Scenic Lawnscape, Oct 22, 2003.

1. Scenic Lawnscape

Scenic Lawnscape Senior Member

where can I buy bulk of bagged rocksalt in michigan 50# un treated I got a price of #2.99 a bag but i think i can get it cheaper any ideas north ohio is ok also

2. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

I cant help you with where to get as im pretty far from your location.My question is whats the difference between 50# and 80# bagged rock salt? I got a flier for pallets of them and didnt know which one would be better for a western brand tailgate hopper spreader.
  3. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

??? The difference is one weighs 50#'s and the other bag weighs 80#'s. Ah, just figured out that maybe you might not know that # is often used as a symbol for pound? They both contain the same material & will both work fine in your spreader, just one will hurt the back a little more than than the other when loading. ;)

PINEISLAND1 PlowSite.com Veteran

Look for Flat Rock Bagging, near you, for a better price on that.

If you are buying in truckload quantities, they should beat it.
  5. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

They are selling it here 50# rock salt $5.29 a bag if you buy a pallet of 40 otherwise $5.69 a bag. 80# $6.99 bag if you buy a pallet of 30 bags.Calcium Chlor. $11.99 Per bag 40 bags per pallet.Magnesium Chlor $11.99 per bag 40 bags per pallet. And if you order before Nov 7 they give you a huge 2% off:rolleyes:
  6. Scenic Lawnscape

2 % hold your socks on that one
  7. Scenic Lawnscape

$2.89 a bag if u buy 49 bags

from USA

Buy Bulk!

Since I ordered in Sept. 03 - I pay only 2.58 for #50 bags. I purchased 12,500 lbs. so I got a great rate. Find a Reinders near you! We make almost 5.00 on one bag once the salter starts spit-in.

www.reinders.com - WI only
  9. micah79

micah79 Senior Member

As Tom suggested, Flat Rock bagging is a little cheaper than that. They will fax you a price sheet if you call them. I spoke to the owner recently and they still had preseason ordering available.
  10. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

$2.35 a bag if you take 5 skids PM me for info where to get it at