1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bag salt coverage

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by KYFF205, Nov 25, 2009.

1. KYFF205

KYFF205 Junior Member

How much sq ft will a 50lbs bag of salt cover?

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

approx 750 depending on how heavy you put it on

3. Bajak

Bajak Senior Member

About 2 if it's still in the bag.:D

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

At what height was this dropped from?

5. Bajak

Bajak Senior Member

Placed by hand and on its side.:jester:

6. KYFF205

KYFF205 Junior Member

about 2 feet.. coming off a chevy 1500HD

7. Wayne Volz

Wayne Volz Senior Member

Check this out www.profitsareus.com

Rates are based on a lot of variables. Day or night, wet or dry snow, packed down or fresh snow, temperature, etc. We have a snow & ice guide that explains this in detail. You can also feel free to give us a call at 495-1351 and I we can answer any questions. Generally 12 - 20lbs per thousand for sodium chloride will do very well. More or less for variables. You can also check out a website called peters chemical company to see rates of applications for many different ice melting materials.

I know we are in the same market, but there is enough work for everyone. Being in this business since 1979 I can help you get through the school of hard knocks. We offer a great snow & ice management package that has a comprehensive manual and two CDs for calculating time and material. One Cd is also full of templates that are in Microsoft word format and are completely customizable by you for your business.

8. kyfireman2004

kyfireman2004 Junior Member

bump.............