1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bag drag

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by ChevyHDkid45, Dec 26, 2008.

1. ChevyHDkid45

ChevyHDkid45 Member

Does anyone have pictures of the angle they have on there back drag edges. I made a swinging edge but it likes to bounch or chatter. Is this an angle problem. Any ideas to help it?

2. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

You made a pair of back drag blades???? Why, to buy them is cheap.

Either case ... on certain surfaces you can get chatter when the blade grabs and there is not enough slick to allow it to be pulled back easily. Usually I find this on cement only.
  3. ChevyHDkid45

ChevyHDkid45 Member

yes i had one made and the only reason was retail around where i live they go for around 45 a foot to make or 350 if you buy one from a dealer. I had all the steel to make one and it is the exact same as what the retail store would sell me. Yes i noticed that it does it more on concrete then asphault. If i adjust the angle of it swinging down to more of a 90 degree angle would that help?