1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bad year for Fisher pumps

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by searay220, Mar 9, 2009.

1. searay220

searay220 Member

In 2006 I purchased a new truck and had installed a new 8ft Fisher MM2. This year I had a few problems with it such as freezing up twice. Each time back to the Fisher dealer. I have met several people who own Fishers and installed there's just about the same time I did. They to have also had troubles with freezing pumps,burnt out motors,and rotted reservoir.
    I have owned Fisher plows for 30years and never had any troubles with any of them until now. What's going on? Anyone else having or had trouble with a Fisher of the same age?

:dizzy:

2. fisher guy

fisher guy PlowSite.com Addict

my boss has an '04 model xblade and it froze up on him a couple times but in all reality he doesn't like doing maintenance like changing fluid my '04 hd that i just bought used in Jan. has treated me very well no problems this year. i ran ATF all this year and it performed flawlessly and it has the original motor on it

3. BigLou80

BigLou80 Senior Member

Last edited: Mar 24, 2009