1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bad wiring connection cleaning??

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by bowtie_guy, Nov 10, 2007.

1. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

Having an issue with the plug for one of my head lights. It seems no dielectric grease was used on the plugs for the lights and now the right side one is corroded some and has a bad connection. I don't have a working highbeam light on the truck. If I just wiggle the connection from the factory headlight plug to the boss headlight harness connector it will work. I looked and need some tips on how to clean the terminal pins. I'm hoping thats all it takes then I will grease everything up.

2. clean connections

melt rust and corrosion
    sometimes added by a blast of air if deep in a socket
    and then a good dialectric grease (not just a corrosion protector as provided by Boss)
  3. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

clean up

you can try a couple of thing's clean out any remaining grease with spray brake clean blow it out with compressed air , get a can of crc spray battery cleaner spray it on and let it cook clean out with water when it eats the corrosion out (it's baking soda and water ) . sometime's silo screw loose does a decent job breaking it loose .might be able to use a small stainless brush to scrub it out .
  4. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Soak the connector in some Coke pop. It will eat the corrosion. Just don't drink the pop afterwards.... :D
  5. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

Awsome thanks for the tips. Now if the rain would just stop. :realmad: