1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

bad vibration on a 95 ford F250

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by akajeremyk98, Dec 4, 2004.

1. akajeremyk98

akajeremyk98 Junior Member
    from Indiana

i have a 95 ford f250 whenever you press the gas and get over 25 it vibrates really bad even with the plow on I've had the tires balanced and rotated any other ideas on what it could be or what i should do? or does anyone else have this problem with the vibration??

2. Tarkus

Tarkus PlowSite.com Addict

Ujoints and driveshaft alignment/straightness is the first thing you need to check

3. b2driver

b2driver Member
    from MD

Probably wouldn't hurt to check the wheel bearings.

4. Tarkus

Generally they will cause noise and not vibration to speak of.

5. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Tarkus, mine was doing the same thing and it was the wheel bearing. They had locked up due to rust and ground down the axle end shaft also. EXPENSIVE!!

6. Tarkus

There is a big diifence between wheel bearing noise and low level vibration and what I belive the poster is trying to express here. Plus bearings tend to degrade a lot slow than a ujoint can sometimes. Yours did not rust up and get noisy overnight unless truck is noisy to begin with I you never really heard it. .

7. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

Tarkus is right, Wheel bearings are noisy. My money is on U-joint. Could also be bent driveshaft, broken motor or transmission mount. Alignment will not help your problem, that only adjusts the way the vehicle tracks. Wheel balance is more high speed shake. Also a broken shock can cause wheel hop that will cause similar vibration.

8. Tarkus

Right on ksland, he has some kind of driveline problem and should start at joints and drive shaft alignment and straightness and work way back to engine and tranny mounts and such until cause it found

9. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Um, let's see here. It was vibrating real bad also. :rolleyes:

10. Tarkus

You must heavy a very noisy truck and got to the point the the wheel was wobbling because it wore so much for continued driving and you never heard it then because otherwise you can hear a bearing long before you can feel one.

11. b2driver

b2driver Member
    from MD

The guy wasn't specific on where the vibration seemed to be coming from. There are many possibilities. How do you know he doesn't have the radio playing loudly and he can't hear wheel bearing noise? I simply mentioned wheel bearings because it is another place to look besides driveshaft and u-joint failure. Do I think it is wheel bearings? Probably not, you already mentioned my first guess, so other than u-joints and maybe an unbalanced tire, I would next check the wheel bearings for proper torque settings. To continually argue over this point indicates one of two things about you: either you always want to have the last word, or you feel the need to make useless posts to increase your post count thinking that at the end of the year you're going to get a prize.

12. Tarkus

Useless posts? I would call dwelling on wheel bearings as the cause a useless post for someones "count"

13. proshare

proshare Member

Bad bearings "GROWL "
    Driveshafts/u-joints "VIBRATE " hehe...and then "BANG "
    Wait long enough & the problem will identify itself.

14. BJH Snow

BJH Snow Senior Member

Bad Vibration

I had the same problem with my 96 F250 this spring it would vibrate at about 25mph and I found it was my rear u-joints. I went the long road by replacing the all tie rods, ball joints, shocks and then it was my u-joints.

15. ace911emt

ace911emt Member

I also have a 95 F-250 with 139K had a vibration / replaced the Square tires! Then the u-joints also rebuilt the front end spring bushings upper and lower ball joints and bearings now she is new and drives like a dream. Till I break her this winter. The problem was square tires from the last owner and right side bearing was the noise. The tires were balanced 3 times until I did it my self and saw the tires bounce on the machine almost ½ inch why other did not see this is beyond me.

16. berkplowguy

berkplowguy Junior Member

Make sure your hubs arent locked and also check your front outer axle joints.

17. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge Senior Member

rim??

i had the same problem it was two bent rims !!