1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bad spinner motor

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by Sno4U, Nov 21, 2008.

1. Sno4U

Sno4U Senior Member

I bought a Salt Dogg 1500 in the Spring of 2007. I used it for 3/4 of the 2008-09 season and ran about 28Ton of salt (only) thru it. It ran flawlessly all winter. I put it away this summer after washing it up. It was kept in my garage on a pallet.
    However I just put it back on the truck last nite and the spinner motor is no good. I have power to the back of the truck. I opened up the enclosure and pulled apart the connections. I then put a set of wires to it from a spare battery I had in the garage. Still nothing!
    I'm NOT real happy with it (now) I know of quite few other people who have run ALOT more salt than I have thru there's with no problems.
    To top it all off, the dealer I bought it from went out of business.
    Is anyone else having problems with the spinner motors (made in China)?:angry:

2. MahonLawnCare

MahonLawnCare Senior Member
    from Ohio

I had the same exact thing happen...the motors are junk!