1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

bad relay??

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by Green Grass, Jan 22, 2012.

1. Green Grass

Green Grass PlowSite Fanatic

so I helped a buddy out and installed his new hiniker plow for him. Now the kicker the relay wont actuate. I have power on one large terminal and I have gound on one small terminal and when you push up on the controler you get power to the other small terminal but the relay doen't actuate. If i jump the large post's the plow will operate. Is the new relay bad??? or am I over looking something??

2. Greenery

Greenery 2000 Club Member

There should be 4 posts on the solenoid, 1 main power coming In, 1 power out and two smaller terminals for a ground and a trigger wire.

3. Green Grass

Yes and I have my main power on the large one I have ground on a small one and when I use the controler I have power on the other small terminal but never have power on the other large terminal

4. Greenery

Does the solenoid click when activating a function on the controller?

The two small terminals need to have a ground going to one of them and the other small terminal needs to have the trigger wire from the harness attached to it.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2012
  5. Green Grass

It does not click. The one side has ground and the other side has the trigger which when you press a button on the remote it gets power to that terminal

6. Greenery

Well it sounds like you have it hooked up correctly. Maybe the selonoid is bad.

7. Green Grass

thats what i told him just wanted to make sure I wasn't over looking something simple.

8. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Sure and I told you it wasn't a big deal or different then anything else:blush2:

9. Green Grass

The install was easy. Now if all the new parts would work is a different story.