1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bad pump motor??

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by skibum, Jun 26, 2009.

1. skibum

skibum Junior Member
    from boston

hey everyone. I'm a newbie to the site and plowing. pleeease be kind.

I just bought a plow and been installing it over the past few weekends. I've got the mounts on, wiring installed but nothing works. I'm thinking its the motor. The solenoid clicks, verified power to the motor. I even jumped it...no luck.

How do I take the motor off the pump? The 2 bolts on the top takes off the top cover. Can't seem to get the motor off and don't want to beat on it.

Tell if this is normal, I took the top cover off exposing the motor. The armature doesn't turn at all. I even took pliers to it, doesn't budge. Is that a bad motor?

Thanks for looking and helping. I've got a MM2 Light Duty.
  2. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

Easiest Thing to do is open the manual that came with it, (or get an online version) and look at the exploded views, should tell you how to remove anything and everything you need.
  3. skibum

skibum Junior Member
    from boston

I did check the online manuals. there's nothing obvious holding the motor other that the 2 bolts. I tried tapping and pushing/pulling and lifting. thing wouldn't budge. Any suggestions?
  4. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Rubber mallett and a few whacks. Be prepared for a bunch of corrosion out of the bottom side. J