1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bad oil change

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by earnies2, Aug 26, 2004.

1. earnies2

earnies2 Senior Member

:( had my oil changed today about 3 hours later on the highway the filter came loose now the engine is skipping and rapping not good:( I cant imagine the ******** i'm going to go through with the oil change place tomorrow!:gunsfiring:

2. grotecguy

grotecguy Senior Member

Whoops....
    Sucks to be them. I always double and triple check the filter and drain plug.
    Hope they have good insurance for their screw up,
    Mark K

3. Plow Meister

Plow Meister PlowSite.com Addict

Aw man! That really sucks. Especially on such a fine truck. That will be an expensive repair. Not to mention a lengthly one. You should expect it to take about 2 weeks to swap out a short block PSD. Make certain you take it to a dealer that specializes in PSD's and not just some regular light truck dealership. Most Ford dealerships don't know squat about PSD's. A new short block runs about $5,000.00 and don't let them try to get a block from the junkyard. You don't know where it's been.

Good luck. If you need anything PSD wise shoot me a PM.

4. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

earnies2,
    That sucks big time, sorry to hear about your trouble. :angry: :dizzy: Look on the bright side, at least their not calling for snow yet!! Please be sure & let us know how this turns out.
    BOAST :waving:

5. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

that really sucks a** i do it myself this way i know its all set

6. earnies2

earnies2 Senior Member

UPDATE::: :)
    Replaced the filter and oil she runs fine, :gunsfiring: jiffy lube is sending me a letter of responsibilty for any future problems or longevity only time will tell?

7. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

was that a free fix

8. sglaine

sglaine Junior Member

These are the kinds of story's that make me take my trucks to the Ford Dealer in Keene NH. And let them do right the first time around. The JiffyLub up here is no better I can't see how they stay in business after all of the motor replacements. That I know of there are more inlikely more. That I havn't heard about. :eek:

9. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Like Plowman said, I do mine myself so I know it's done right and know what kind of oil is going in it. A friend of mine had his oil changed last week at one of them jiffy lube joints before he went to Chicago. As soon as he left, the engine started knocking really bad. They had forgot to put new oil back in the truck!! :dizzy: :rolleyes:

10. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

The scenario the boss described can happen at Ford dealerships too. We had a Lightning serviced at the dealer and it came home two quarts low.

11. earnies2

earnies2 Senior Member

Yes the towing,storage,tow to dealer,and the work at the dealer and the rental van was on them. just hope it dosent blow up next week? :yow!:
    :gunsfiring: Thank You Jiffy Lube

12. sglaine

sglaine Junior Member

Have you called the better buiness people to give them a bad mark on there record?

13. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

Glad to hear that it is fixed. Just hope that it dosen't come apart in the middle of plowing season. Course that could happen to a new one!! :)