1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

BAD NEWS My tractor was sabotaged.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by merrimacmill, Jan 2, 2008.

1. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

Well got some real bad news guys. Some of you may have seen my posts in the last few days with my problems with my JD 2210 not starting. Well when I was trying to fix it, it was at night while snowing and the whole deal so I did not notice this, but ends up the gas tank has been filled with about 2 gallons of water. While I've been cranking the motor, I've been putting this through the motor. So now we're looking at a whole new mess of problems including hydro locking. It doesn't even want to turn over today. Starter just strains. Can't wait to see this bill on this one :dizzy: . They're going to come down and pick it up, I'll let you know what happens. Anyone want to buy a "slightly used" 2210 :nod::nod::nod: lol jk

I've got a pretty good idea who did it. About 2 years ago we had to can an employee for stealing tools, yelling, making scene, and being an all around disrespectful inconsiderate jerk. He now works at a building down the road from us and the other day I noticed him driving by real real slow, almost stopped on the street watching me use the tractor the night I took those pics of me moving snow and put them in the picture forum. I have a good feeling he was casing the joint to pull this stunt since for whatever reason he is sour against us.

Morons these days. You gotta be a real piece of crap to pull something like this. I'd love it if I had prove then I could get a lawyer and nail his head to the floor in court. Time for a servailiance camera system.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2008
  2. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

that sucks, hopefully it didnt do damage to the engine.

3. merrimacmill

from MA

Let hope. This is awful. I still can't believe this.

4. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

Oh man it must cost around 2,000 dollars for rebuilt. Do you have fuel cap with lock on that?

I have one on my f150 I didn't put there it was po put there. You be best is install fuel cap lock on all tank.

For hydro lock that worse thing I do not want that on our engines because it could bend rod. Like you remember 1997 Ford 4.3l V6 that leak coolant then make horrible noise bam now rod bend.

Why that guy hate you? If he did that be huge trouble because he have no right to do that. Like you hear about sugar in gas? I have that happen to me The carb was awful I use boil water to clean sugar off carb but I will never do that next time I rather replace carb.

5. merrimacmill

from MA

Well it boiled up with this guy for awhile. He was a drug addict that we pulled out of the recovery place to do some framing for us. Give someone a helping hand. This moron worked for us for over 10 years and towards the end became real volitile. He started stealing stuff from us and selling to to the tenants as if it was his own. We called him on it and he made a scene. He started stealing tools. Started screaming about how he wants a pay raise, he wants an advance, he wants a 401k. We wouldn't give him any of it. So he freaked. And trust me, we are more than fair with our employees. Most of which have been with us happily for years and years. And we have almost no turn over. This is the only guy we've had to fire. Since I've been around atleast. Probibly relapsed or something. Once a scum bag, always a scum bag.

I'm filing a police report today, just so if I catch him pulling something again I have a little more. And then I'm having a security company come down put in a couple net cams outside. I'd love to do our whole building but thats to much of an expense to do one off, so we'll build it over time.

6. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

That totally blows. Good luck to you in getting it repaired. I hope you catch the guy that did this.

7. merrimacmill

from MA

This guy will be back again. I really don't understand the mindset with this guy. I know it was him. I saw him casing the thing out and everything. And hes a seasoned criminal, so its not like this stuff is something that hes inexperienced at. I'd love to catch him. Let him go back to prision. I have a feeling that when you turn a $20,000 tractor into a paper weight its a felony.

8. topdj

topdj Senior Member

I know what I would do , I would get the tractor fixed as quick as possible and start using it like nothing happend, then he will think he failed and try again in a few days, you would be there with the camera's or a bat :) . if the police talk to him he might not try again for a long time.

see I fiquer it this way you dont have any real proof he did it, even though he most likely did

9. Wicked500R

Wicked500R Senior Member

I dunno about you but being the type of person this guy is...I'd be on the prowl for him on the DL...if you know what I mean...Let some time pass by...Thats my .02.. I didn't say that...LOL

10. merrimacmill

from MA

Oh trust me, I'd love to crease his forehead in with a tire iron. But I wouldn't do anything like that. I'm not that type of guy and that would make me and our business look bad. For now theres nothing I can do. I'm having a locking system put on it, like a hasp system since they don't make a locking cap for it. And I'm going to get it fixed asap. And I'm getting the cameras put in. And I fuiger if I make a police report, then considering the police station is DIRECTLY across the street (the front door is literally 75 feet from our front door) they will keep an extra eye out around here. All the cops around town REALLY hate this guy because of his past and how much of a jerk he is and they hassle him. So they'll know that its nothing to put past him.

11. topdj

topdj Senior Member

WOW right across the street he has some B@LLs
    hopefully since you have no direct proof he did it they can just keep the report on file and when he attempts to do it again you will have it on tape for a easy conviction.

12. merrimacmill

from MA

Thats my plan. He will be back. At heart hes a criminal. Hes already been in jail for a few years of his life. So I don't imagine that the police station being across the street would scare him off to easy. Lets hope it does when the police have him cuffed and stuffed. lol Apparently this is how we get thanked for taking his life from nothing to something. If it wasn't for us, he'd still be sitting on the side of the road, high on drugs, eating dirt. Some people just have no appriciation these days.

13. Up North

Up North Senior Member

if he's been to jail already they probably have fingerprints on file. Have the tractor dusted and see if his show up. Then run him back to jail for awhile.

Buck

14. merrimacmill

from MA

I just got done talking to the police. They came down and checked it all out. They said that by now, with the weather, my finger prints, service guys prints and other guys that work heres prints, its to contaiminated by now. So they took the report, took my name company name all that good stuff and then I gave them the guys name who I think did it, and were he works now and his reasons for leaving here, ect.... They immedietly knew who he was and roll their eyes when they herd his name. They said they're going to add our private street to their route, and keep a close eye on him. JD still hasn't come to pick up the tractor. I'll let everyone know what the diagnosis is from JD.

Thanks,

Collin

15. Up North

Up North Senior Member

dang, that's too bad. Oh well, sounds as if it's only a matter of time before he gets nailed again anyway. Sucks to have to deal with the downtime and repair $$, hopefully insurance will take care of most of it.

Buck

16. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

I hope that you can catch him and fix the tractor soon

17. crazymike

crazymike Senior Member
    from Toronto

don't send it to JD

pour in some methyl hydrate, empty your water seperator and turn it over until it fires. Run it until it dies and run it some more.

Water is the least damaging thing he could have put in there.

I've had a lot more water than that in a tank and it's not a big deal.

18. MOWBIZZ

MOWBIZZ Senior Member

Wow..sorry to hear about this butthole but you're taking the right steps to nail his ass to the wall...you're just down the road aways from me (Salem NH)
    Tough dealing with vindictive criminal types..I've had my share of these run ins with the same, and I agree that revenge is best served "cold"
    What goes around comes around and he'll get his sooner or later.
    If you need any recommendations for security companies I have a brother in the business...good luck!

19. AintNoFun

AintNoFun Senior Member

i know fuel prices are going up, but didn't you know by cutting it with water is no good.. sorry j/k.. good luck hope you catch the guy...

20. wirenut

wirenut Senior Member
    from nh

you'll pay if rosencrantz services it....payup