1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bad Luck's latest truck issue

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Bad Luck, Dec 31, 2005.

1. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

Thought I was seeing things a about a month back, but my suspisions were confirmed today when my truck was in for an alignment and the guy asked me "why is your bed higher then your cab?" It seems the bed of my truck has raised slightly near the cab. I usually see trucks with this section buckled in so the top is closer to the cab then the bottom, the oppisite is true in my situation. WTF.......love my tuck, hate the luck I'm having with it. Pics to follow................
  2. Up North

Up North Senior Member

Do you think it's all a result of plowing?? I know plowing is hard on trucks but just today I was out all day and only had one bad bone shaking moment. Even when pushing snow up onto the piles it seemed effortless on the part of the truck. Hard to believe a truck can buckle or shift like that from normal plowing, if someone were pushing snow at 20-30mph then I could see a problem when hitting something but I doubt you're doing that.

Sorry to hear that BL, not cool with a new truck like that.

3. Joe D

Joe D Senior Member

Take it to a frame shop. Bed gap could be anything from a cab mount to a mount welded on the frame wrong.
  4. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

So BL, have you been plowing snow this season after pinching your hand in the body gap? Did you have it checked out? Did they find any problems? I'm sure we can find some kid to dump that thing on, then we can get you into a HD...;)
  5. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

Yeah that's pretty much what the dealership told me too. I'm going to check some things out before I bring it to a frame shop.

I only plowed once this season so far. Was only out for about an hour.
  6. Jpocket

Jpocket Senior Member

LOL...poor kid!:)
  7. Joe D

Joe D Senior Member

Look at all the holes in the frame, mostly where it was tied down on the carrier truck. It is possible that it was damaged during shippment. They chain the front and rear of the frame down and maybe got carried away and did some damage. Maybe it was just damaged in shippment. GM has a huge repair facilitys they repair vehicles like that at.
  8. markzrt1

markzrt1 Junior Member

Can we get some pics?
  9. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

One thing I did notice way back when I first got the truck was that the front t-hook slots where not lined up where the front section of teh frame meets the rear. I looks like there was a botch at the factory. I'll get some pics tonight and post them up.