1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bad Luck or bad Dealer???

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by LMR, Nov 5, 2003.

1. LMR

LMR Junior Member

I am new to plow site but not new to the industry. I drove 2+ hours this morning to get a plow installed by a dealer in Greenville, Ohio to save a few hundred bucks. Instead I left in a bad mood with no plow. The guy told me he didn't need anymore customers. Has anybody else had a bad experience like this with him or were we both having bad days?

2. vector6

vector6 Senior Member

are you sure you were'nt @ my local Meyer dealer ?

thats how they are too :mad:

3. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

I would bet that a dealer with that mentality will be out of business by the 1st of the year, that was just wrong on his end.

you can look in the phone book under snow removal equipment and find alot of dealers, if you want to come to toledo I can hook you up with several up here. you can get almost any plow made up here too.

4. LMR

LMR Junior Member

The old saying is true though "you get what you pay for" and I was trying to save a buck and it cost me half a day. go figure!

5. windmill

windmill Senior Member

Probably how some people are going to feel too when the snow comes and the plow guy who promised them good service at a low price doesn't show up either. Just bury your head in a pillow and scream, don't forget to pull back and breath after that though.

6. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

what kinda plow was it going to be? dont forget to check ebay for used if you are tight on cash, someone is selling new 7½' & 8' boss superduties with your choice of mount in the $2700 range

7. CPSS

CPSS Senior Member

I strongly believe in purchasing plows from someone local. When something breakes, you'll get better service if the dealer knows you are a customer.

8. BWinkel

BWinkel Senior Member

I guess warranty service would be out of the question too?

9. kipcom

kipcom Senior Member
    from Indiana

Buy a BOSS plow and you wont have to worry about warranty repairs :D LMR...checkout midstate truck in Indy if you dont have a BOSS plow dealer near you.

10. Adams plowing

Adams plowing Senior Member

one thing to remember the further from you the place where you buy your plow even though it may be cheaper is also the further aways for parts.

11. LMR

LMR Junior Member

Thanks for the input. it actually was going to be an 8' boss super duty. The one dealer I've found in my area is a great dealer however most times they have to order parts instead of in stock. Preference in this mostly meyers. (which I have on another truck) have heard a lot good about the boss though. This dealer I had the run in with is supposed to be one of the larger dealers in the state. I was not impressed. And I am sure service after the sale would be nonexistent.

12. LMR

LMR Junior Member

sorry preference in this area mostly Meyers.

13. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

no apologizes

alot of men and woman have made a ton of money with meyer

equipment

john

14. OBRYANMAINT

OBRYANMAINT PlowSite.com Veteran
    from ohio

I have been to the dealer mentioned,and while my experience was not that bad...I have not been back.

Who told you he was a large dealer?...him!

the support and sales for plows is lean the more south you go and he does not get much more than you guys in colombus

He may sell a few plows ,but as you saw then where is the money going? not into his side lot operation!

he is just a good salesman that happened to be into plows

15. MsQueen

MsQueen Member

I got 1/2 a plow installed today. Just the under-mount and wiring. The moldboard came later during the day and I had to pick up the truck without the actual plow. I'll go back on Saturday to collect it. But my point is...the guy I'm dealing with is a doll. He's so accommodating and nice. After all, they really should be, we are customers paying a hefty price! Good luck.

16. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

any additional discount for your inconvience

johnpayup

17. MsQueen

MsQueen Member

No, I didn't ask, in fact I haven't paid the bill yet. I also got timbrens and side steps installed.

18. Adams plowing

Adams plowing Senior Member

i can tell ya where a good boss dealer is but it would be about 4 hours or so from where your at but their definatly a reputiable dealer. probaly farther than you want to go. there running the 8' superdutys for $3556 installed and includeing tax.

EDIT: if you are intrested PM me and i can give you the name phone # and address.

19. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

LMR.......Its good you found out ahead of time
    just what kind of dealer he was !

RUN...Do not walk away...............

Any Western dealers nearby?.............geo

20. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

This is a dumb question but did you have an appointment for the install or did you just drive out there?This is a crazy time of year and i don't know of any dealer in my area big or small who has the ability to handle "walk in's"

If you did have an appointment,chaulk it up as a learning expierence,it happens to all of us:(