1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

bad intake design

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by chasity2682, Aug 8, 2011.

1. chasity2682

chasity2682 Member
    from canada

Today i went and bought a K&N air filter for the truck(2010 f350 V10 XL) when i was putting it in i decided to check the air intake to see where it comes out, of course it comes out in the wheel well which was fine but i noticed a control box sitting in front of the air intake, i got looken a little closer and realized 3/4 of my air intake is completely blocked by this stupid control box leaving it a 1"x1.5" hole to get the air from:confused:, I tried moving it but it was zip tied to the head light with a bunch of wires coming out the bottom so i don't really want to cut the zip ties and have it hanging by the wires, Anyone else ever noticed this before or have a solution.
    this is probably why you cant buy a cold air intake for it....
  2. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

Control box zip tied? I've never seen any kind of control box zip tied behind the headlight from the factory. Sounds like the isolation module for your plow lights installed by your plow dealer, not a "bad intake design" by Ford.