1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bad injector

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Surfdunn, Feb 26, 2009.

1. Surfdunn

Surfdunn Member

So I'm driving down the haghway at 70mph when my boost guage shots to zero and my speedo drops. I look in my rear view to see white smoke pouring from my exhaust. Automatically I'm thinking the worst I just blew my Hpop. Call a tow truck jump out and start inspecting only to find fuel leaking from my passanger side manifold which gives me good reasoning that its an injector. After waiting and waiting and waiting I finally get the truck home in the driveway after 3 hours and I was only 2 miles from my house. I start pulling my passanger side valve cover off, yank the oil rail and begin the injector pull. I yank number 2 & 4 to find them all covered in rubber. When I finally get to 6 I realize it's hand loose. I pull it to find a mess. Apparently oil had seeped into the bolt hole and after about 100 miles worked it's self around the threads of the bolt and loosing it. The injector became un seated and allowed heat to get to the first o-ring and melting it. causing it to plug up all the injectors on the passanger side. With all them yanked, I wrapped them and sent them back to Swamps Diesel to be re flow tested and fixed if needed. Looks like no dyno day for me saturday and back to driving the f150 until I get the parts back.

Find the bad injector
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    what happens when raw diesel get pushed out the exhaust port into the manifold
    [​IMG]
    Looking mean like normal
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 26, 2009