1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bad ground

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by Currinson, Feb 8, 2014.

1. Currinson

Currinson Junior Member

Wow what a mess. Last winter my Home Pro plow on my jeep wrangler stopped working. I traced the problem to a bad ground. The orange wire took some heat and melted in several spots, mostly on the truck side by where it was wrapped and attached to the power steering bracket and on the plow side on the pump, replaced damaged sections of wire and cleaned grounds.

Well the last storm the same thing happened. This time I moved the ground the big black cable and the orange wire from the power steering bracket to go directly to the battery negative terminal. The wire melted everywhere, I ended up cutting back the sheathing and pulling the orange wire and inspecting. I replaced 90 percent of the orange wire including where it was spliced to go to the 4 valves. It seems to be working great now, make sure to check your grounds!!:yow!: