1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bad ground through motor plate

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Nice&Green, Dec 6, 2011.

1. Nice&Green

Nice&Green Junior Member

So i was having trouble getting my E-60 to work this year and finally located the problem being a bad ground at the post on the motor. After a little snugging up it seemed to work. However when i hooked the plow weight up to it the lift was very slow. left and right is fine, pump was rebuilt by angelos end of last season. So could this ground be the problem and if so I can fix just the ground post? Think it may be stripped on the inside. Thanks in advance guys!

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

might not be able to get the motor apart, to ck the gnd. if you do, i'm not sure as to where you could get replacement "insides" for. I took apart a western once, it was a bear to put back together lol. If it was mine, I would get another one, and try to tear into that one and have a back up. my .02

3. Nice&Green

Nice&Green Junior Member

You would get another motor? If so all I seem to be able to find is aftermarket ones and ive heard there not to good?

4. Nice&Green

Nice&Green Junior Member

Another ? Could a valve be causing this?

5. dieselss

well to explain myself a little. 1). if it fails now, but still kinda works----it'll fail again later and the worse possible time, and leave you stranded. 2) easier to replace now, rather then during a blizzard, freezing cold, and not having all the right tools.
    I have gotten many aftermarket motors and have have no probs with them at all.
    yes it could poss. be a bad valve, but with the gnd issue, i would start there---imo

6. Nice&Green

Nice&Green Junior Member

Thanks for the advice D! U have been a big help!

7. dieselss

No prob. Glad I could help