1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bad Fuel???

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Dent82, Feb 15, 2007.

1. Dent82

Dent82 Member

I have a 2005 Duramax. For the last couple of months my truck has been having some problems. Occasionally when my truck is about to shift the RPM jump and MPH fall. Bogs down bad. I have taken this in three times and they tell me I keep buying bad diesel. Every time I have bought it at different gas stations. They actually told me that Chevrolet was down testing the local diesel cause they were having so many problems. I have changed the fuel filter three times since December. Really starting to piss me off. Are these guys feeding me a line of crap and has anyone else experienced this?

2. psdiesel24

psdiesel24 Member

We just had to of are internationals bogging down in this last storm. Changed the filters and are now adding diesel clean to every tank.

3. Dent82

Dent82 Member

Well on my way into work this morning my truck wouldn't go over 35 MPH. The RPM jumped from 1000 to 2000. They claim that it's the new bio diesel at the pumps. And that it's happening alot cause the fuel has not been tested. I have a hard time believing that a multi-billion dollar company does not have some kinda quality control for it's product.

With all do respect, I am happy to see your international is doing the same and it's not just a Chevy problem.

4. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

Bio-diesel is know for cleaning gunk from the fuel tank and causing the fuel filter to clog up. The people I know who started using bio after using petro diesel for a while carry extra filters as they clog up quickly....