1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bad e47 pump???

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by artic429, Jan 12, 2009.

1. artic429

artic429 Senior Member

There was a post on here somewhere that said that it sounded like there was rocks and gravel inside of the pump when he was using it. I cant find that post but i would like to read up on some possible causes for that wicked sound comming from the pump. Im hoping that someones 2nd opinion would delete My 1st opinion about what is happening here! Thanks guys.

2. 04sd

04sd Senior Member
    from pa

I would guess a bad motor. Pull the motor and check the brushes.

3. bigdaddyflem

bigdaddyflem Junior Member

Sounds like mine, it probably has water in it and is frozen.

4. artic429

artic429 Senior Member

Im not sure what the hell it is..... maybe low fluid.... i have a slow leak in the line so i wonder if it could be that.

5. milwaukeevtwin

milwaukeevtwin Senior Member

rocks

I had the same problem with my e-47. I got a seal kit today and replaced the major ones, for know. I flushed the interior of the housing and cleaned it up. I replaced the filters and replaced with fresh fluid and it works awesome. I will tear it all down this summer, when i have more time.:redbouncepurplebou

6. artic429

artic429 Senior Member

Ill be keeping an eye on more posts like this. once all this snow gets by us Im going to do a quick refreshing job on my pump and then in the summer, go through my pump and rams and get all my stuff up to par again.