1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bad day for NY state DOT

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by nms0219, Jan 30, 2011.

1. nms0219

nms0219 Senior Member

This happened today, truck was headed north on transit with full load of salt. Truck ran over an area that was just "repaired" by Erie county water you can see the rest. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATMrZeyGX3Y

2. Andy96XLT

Andy96XLT Senior Member

looks like the truck is in great condition still haha... I wonder what the other side looks like...

3. nms0219

nms0219 Senior Member

honestly the other side did not look bad either, the wing took alot of the hit. Bent up the light bar on the back of the new salter a little too. My guess is thats its still complete loss, Im sure they will find some frame damage.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2011
  4. theguynextdoor

theguynextdoor Senior Member

Wow, I drove buy there today, probably before that truck did. Had to swirve into the other lane because there was a huge puddle where they repaired the road which would have been rough to hit at 45mph....didn't think about falling into the street though haha.

5. goel

goel PlowSite.com Addict

They cheaped out with the tow. Usually around here they have another truck attached to the down side so you don't get the LURCH/Crash on the way down to the wheels

6. nms0219

nms0219 Senior Member

ya speed limit their is 30mph, its depew's speed trap drops quick from 45.