1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bad Day For My 90 Chevy

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Brandon29, Feb 26, 2011.

1. Brandon29

Brandon29 Senior Member

This happened 5 mins after I got home. The white suburban is where my truck was parked. I ran inside quick planning to move the truck soon but I wasnt soon enough. The roads were extremly icy.

015.jpg

016.jpg

017.jpg

018.jpg

019.jpg

2. Brandon29

Brandon29 Senior Member

and here are some more.

020.jpg

021.jpg

022.jpg

023.jpg

024.jpg

3. Brandon29

Brandon29 Senior Member

and the last of them. Note the tire track on the last pic.

025.jpg

026.jpg

027.jpg

4. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

SOB!!!!! he hit you house to, how fast was he going? atleast no one was in the truck or the path the truck took into the house!

5. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

WOW that sucks, sorry to see that. Is your truck a stick? I noticed the tire marks are not skidding which would tell me the truck was in neutral...break the park pin?

6. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

WOW! Glad to see everyone is ok. It could of been worse. Sorry to see such a nice truck go to the junk yard.

7. Brandon29

Brandon29 Senior Member

My truck is an auto. The trans just got rebuilt december of 10. I dont know why it didnt skid but when I put it in neutral to get it on the flatbed it was really hard to get it out of park so im sure something is messed up

8. Brandon29

Brandon29 Senior Member

Yea the lady that hit it was a little banged up but nothing major. It could of been so much worse but thank god it wasnt

9. BrynBaily

BrynBaily Junior Member
    from Ohio

Um thats alot of weight to move off the road that far into the house, that chick had be clipping along at a pretty good pace.

10. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Dam that sucks and glad no one got seriously hurt.

11. mike6256

mike6256 Senior Member

:dizzy: Heck ya, that is a residential street speed limit 25???:mad:

12. Brandon29

Brandon29 Senior Member

Yes she was flying. The speed limit is 30mph but the roads were covered in ice so she should of slowed down. She hit my truck so hard that the radio flew out of the dash, my sirius radio was mounted in the vent on the driver side and it flew off of its base and smashed against the back window. Im just glad I wasnt in the truck. I dont know how my E60 didnt explode

13. KMBertog

KMBertog PlowSite.com Addict

glad no one was seriously injured. :salute:

14. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Shes lucky it was icy, or your truck wouldn't of moved very far if it was dry pavement. She'd be in a lot worse shape than she already is.

15. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Nice. Be happy it wasnt your diesel...:eek:

16. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Man are you sure your truck want in neutral? It is clearly her fault so it doesnt really matter. I cant figure how she hit it so hard it ended up half a block away and still hit that porch with enough force to dislodge it from the house and blow the windows out :dizzy:.

17. Brandon29

Brandon29 Senior Member

Yea I got a feeling she is still hurting today tho

I couldnt agree more

hahaha Im glad it was out back in the garage lol. Looks like its time for a plow on it tho

No it was in park. I had to put the truck in neutral to get it on the flat bed. I dont think my truck would of stayed where I parked it (on a hill) with it in neutral. Notice in the pictures where my weight box that has a lid that closes and latches somehow flew open and flew my sandbags everywhere

18. TremblaySNOW

TremblaySNOW Senior Member

thats a nice looking truck, is it a right off?

19. The PuSher MaN

The PuSher MaN Senior Member

That must have made one hell of a bang. That sucks, it looks like it was a one of a kind truck you had there.

20. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

that sucks probably toateld