1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bad day at my house

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by nms0219, Feb 5, 2010.

1. nms0219

nms0219 Senior Member

Had a bad Sunday nite at my house. Neighbors garage went up in flames set my house on fire. No injuries just lots of damage. I now have a blue tarp roof and walls guess that adds to the resale value??? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFnCcgsDyfQ

2. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

Wow, sorry to hear that. No injuries, thats good. Something like that can really put things in perspective. Good luck.

3. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

That sucks. Good thing everyones ok.

4. Montosi82

Montosi82 Member

Glad to hear everyone is ok! sorry to hear about the fire.

5. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

That wind was really blowing. Not the best circumstances for fighting fire. We wish you and your family the best on your recovery.

6. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

sorry to hear that, glad everyone is ok. hopefully youll be able to save some of your belongings.

7. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I was watching the windmill go and was thinking the same thing.

Glad no one got hurt, hopefully it won't take to long to get everything straightened out and your house repaired.

8. AiRhed

AiRhed Senior Member

That's the worst, I've worked on a few homes that were almost total losses because of adjacent house and garage fires. How much damage did your house sustain? I imagine the majority is smoke and water damage?

Well, I feel for your situation and I hope you find a good restoration company and get your life back on track quickly and without too much headache.

9. nms0219

nms0219 Senior Member

Thanks everyone. The fire department had a hell of a time with it. It could have been alot worse. They got here quick and called in mutual aid from lancaster and cheektowaga. Had no shortage of trucks and people. The hydrant is directly accross the street so they had lots of water. The wind was blowing at my south west corner so i got lots of damage their. But I also got the side of my garage, the pool, hot tub, and shed. The wind mill is in my back yard so my house is to the left their and when the guy walks down the street and stands next to the fire truck my house is than to the right. You can see my red gmc pick up in the driveway. Insurance says about $40-50k in damage to my place.

10. nms0219

nms0219 Senior Member

Forgot to add it was 10 degrees out so it was an icy mess too.

11. Dan85

Dan85 Senior Member

Sorry to hear about that, glad everyone is safe. My neighbors house caught fire a few years ago, definitely some scary stuff when it's that close.

- Dan

12. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

That sucks.... insurance should make it right. Was he welding the hole in his gas tank?!
    Glad you and yours are alright.

13. Jello1

Jello1 Senior Member

Sorry to hear. In a case like that i'll assume the neighbors insurance covers your damages? If not i'd get a lawyer.

14. theonlybull

theonlybull Senior Member

sorry about your damages. that would be a bad one. cold, windy, and houses that close together.

i guess they had enough crew.. omg, i've never seen that many FF's at one of our fires, even with 4-5 departments out.. lucky to get that many to respond

15. plow3232

plow3232 Senior Member

Sorry about the fire. Did you have any equipment in there?

16. Evanbrendel

Evanbrendel Senior Member

sorry to here about your loss family is the most important tho.

17. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

You'd fit right in around here then!!

18. Neige

Neige Sponsor

Sorry to hear that, glad everyone is ok.

19. nms0219

nms0219 Senior Member

Did not loose any equipment. only some homeowner stuff in the shed. Thanks everyone. How the insurance thing works is you put the claim thru your insurance and if they can find fault on the neighbor than they go after theirs. And so the fun starts.