1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bad connection gone bad-need help!

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by dirtymartini, Feb 3, 2014.

1. dirtymartini

dirtymartini Member

I have been having problems with the power plug on my RD Minute MAn 2 having bad connections...it would stop working, I would wiggle the plug and all was good again (I cleaned the connections as best as I could and coated with dielectric grease) but today it gave up again.

I couldn't get a good connection no matter what I did this time so in frustration I cut the plugs off and wired it direct..The plow moved a little after I did this then quit moving. I can hear the motor running but no movement. It also seems like its drawing more amps although this may be in my head. When I try to raise the plow I can see my ammeter dip down and the lights dim.

I can't imagine just bugging the wires together caused a problem? Of course there is a good size storm coming Wednesday!!!!!!

2. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

What about replaced the power plug completely? How good of condition is the truck side plug?

3. dirtymartini

dirtymartini Member

I think I will replace both sides. I hope my local dealer has them in stock. The female side is corroded and the male side doesn't look much better. I just can't figure out why it;s not working with the wires bugged together.

4. chevyzrule810

I would imagine they would.I have a few fisher dealers near me but Napa usually has some plow parts in stock

5. dirtymartini

dirtymartini Member

Bad Motor

Just a follow up....I eded up replacing the motor along with both battery power cables. Works like a charm now.

Now I'm ready for the storm that's supposed to give us 8-12 inches tomorrow:mechanic:

6. chevyzrule810

Oh good your ready for the storm that's coming going to be some heavy stuff

7. dirtymartini

dirtymartini Member

Hopefully more on Sunday.