1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bad brake calipre?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by kbsnow, Jul 19, 2010.

1. kbsnow

kbsnow Senior Member
    from Chicago

My wife has a 98 Ford Explorer and the drivers wheel is loaded with brake dust, and the passenger wheel has very little. I really don't feel any pulling when braking or when driving. I also notice the driver rotor seems to be wearing a bit faster and the psnger side looks like normal wear. So, which calipre is bad, the driver side or passenger. I am thinking the driver side might be sticking just a little bit. I have cleaned all the slides and put brake grease, but still the same results.

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Check the rears to make sure they are still working because if they are not then the fronts are doing more work.Did the caliper go back in easy?

3. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

Did you look to see if there is any difference on the amount of brake pad left on Right Vs left side.

Some times the wheel rim shape can make a difference as to whether the air goes out through the wheel and caries the dust, or in through the wheel.