1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bad Boy ZTR mower snow blade

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by Bryansong, Apr 13, 2009.

1. Bryansong

Bryansong Member

Are any of you familiar with the snow blade attachment for the Bad Boy Lightning? I am buying a new Bad Boy Lightning mower for my home only (not commercial) and wanted to know a little more about the snow blade attachment. I do have a large gravel drive way and since I have gotten older I could use a little snow removal help.
    Living in Independence, Missouri we don't usually get a large volume of snow each year so this blade wouldn't get a lot of use but I thought with chains on the tires and a 1400 pound mower I might be to make it work.

Any thoughts?

Thank you,

Bryan

2. Glen1947

Glen1947 Junior Member
    from ND

3. Bryansong

Bryansong Member

Hi Glen1947,

Thanks for the reply about the Bad Boy. I went ahead and passed on the plow idea and bought a Scag Wildcat.

I had contacted a rep at Bad Boy and asked about the plow at the time I posted the question but I think what I really wanted was an electric lift. The sales rep told me it was manual. That probably would have worked out but I dicided to focus more on the mower. There is an electric lift (after marked I think) for the Scag but that was an $800.00 option. I might look into that later.

Take care,

Bryansong

4. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

Hey have you found anything yet as far as electric goes? If not don't worry you have like 5 months LOL

5. Bryansong

Bryansong Member

No I haven't, I haven't even looked. It is hard to look that far ahead when it is this hot. I'm glad you reminded me of it though. When I bought my mower I saw an advertisement hanging from the counter showing an electric lift for a snow blade on a Scag mower so I know there is one available. I'm just wondering how well the Scag would move the snow because sometimes when I get into the wet ditch I start slipping and fearing I will get stuck I hurridly back out. Maybe the mower would need chains.

Bryansong

6. gene gls

gene gls PlowSite.com Veteran

I have an EverRide mower that I pulled the deck off and made a push blade for it. I use the deck lift foot pedal and works fine. I bought an electric lift for it to have down preasure but it is ssssooooo slow. I use it for landscaping, pushing dirt. I made a weight box off the back bumper to hold pattio blocks. Works real good for its size and weight. I played in the snow last winter and it pushes more than I expected. I don't think chains would be good for the hydros.

7. Bryansong

Bryansong Member

I haden't thought about the chains being hard on the Hydros. I have a foot pedal that lifts the deck so if I could make a lift that jused a pedal that would be OK and probably much faster also. I will look into this more come the Fall.

Thanks,

Bryansong

8. cybervision

cybervision Junior Member

I don't think chains will be problem with the hydros. I didn't go with chains because I did not want my driveway torn up. I found a set of ITP tires that would fit on the Exmark rims. They work very well. The rubber is very soft so the tires do fell a little spongy but the grip pretty good.

I have a 350 foot macadam drive and this setup worked well. I am going to change out the 60" blade this year for a 72" blade so the plow is wider than my deck.

The plow setup was purchased from Johnny products but I had to make modifications to the mount to make it fit the Zeroturn. They no longer make a mount for Zeroturns since the demand was so low.

http://www.johnnyproducts.com/J_Bucket_HTMs/Johnny_Plow_Sr.htm

DSCN0707.jpg

DSCN0706.jpg

DSCN0703.jpg