1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

backup sensors

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by nkyplowing, Dec 5, 2007.

1. nkyplowing

nkyplowing Junior Member

Is there a way to disable the backup sensors, my tailgate spreader trips the sensors when I'm in reverse. Seriously I thought about bad things today while forward/reverse, forward/reverse. Obvisiously I can push the button each time, but what a pain in the a**.
  2. niederhauser la

niederhauser la Member
    from Utah

I have the same problem with my f-350, its enough to make you go insaine. Sorry but im no help.
  3. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

do you normally turn the truck off frequently while plowing? my sensors in my 05 stay off (after I turn them off) until I re-start the truck, then I just push the button one time again and its good to go again.
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2007
  4. snowman2025

snowman2025 Senior Member

this is too funny...in my 05 i CANNOT get them to come on. at all, EVER. they are just stuck off. I'd like to have them as i don't salt and its hard to see the little things behind a dually. sorry i'm not much help..just find it funny.

you might read in the owners manual for a way to turn them off...i think i read about it in there somewhere while trying to get mine turned back on.
  5. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

Yes you can disable them. I just did it on my Lariet. You have to disable it at the switch behind the dash. It is not fused or relayed solo so you need to pull the switch off the dash and disconnect it from there
  6. Chris-R

Chris-R Senior Member

Turn up the volume on your stereo and you won't hear the backup sensors.