1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Backup lights

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by K20Fisher, Jan 22, 2008.

1. K20Fisher

K20Fisher Senior Member
    from Maine

I'm looking for some backup lights that I can mount on a ladder rack that has a rear window guard rack type thing any sugestions.

2. Greybeard

Greybeard Member
    from MA

Search the threads

There have been several recent threads on this subject. You'll need some tabs with holes in them to mount the lights. You can ground to the rack, if it's bolted to the top rail of the bed. Then you need a hot source. Some guys use halogen fog lights from Autozone or Walmart, some use farm tractor work lights. Some run a switch and a relay from the backup lights. Mine are just switched manually, as I use them for work lights and lighting up my truck bed.

3. Chevytruck85

Chevytruck85 Senior Member

4. Greybeard

Greybeard Member
    from MA

I've been there - this came with an AWDirect switch panel. This lightbar is no longer made, and I haven't found any on eBay or at any of the strobe distributors. No luck at the Code 3 website, either.

5. streetfrog

streetfrog Senior Member

Goto walmart autozone etc. Either the work lights or like I did. I got a set of bright fog type lights (55 watt) and mounted to the rear. Hooked to reverse electrical. They are fully anglable etc.

6. K20Fisher

K20Fisher Senior Member
    from Maine

Thanks guys that helps alot.

7. Greybeard

Greybeard Member
    from MA

oops

I posted on the wrong thread. I was looking for some info on my lightbar on the strobe forum.