1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Backup Lights

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by tclark1, Nov 28, 2011.

1. tclark1

tclark1 Junior Member
    from Iowa

Does anyone have any recomendations on 6-1/2" Oval recessed backup lights? I am looking for some bright lights? any suggestions would help
    Thanks

2. drivefaster35

drivefaster35 Member
    from iowa

I am looking for the same thing any suggestions out there?

3. wahlturfcare

wahlturfcare Senior Member

i bought mine off of ebay and they are ok, but not as bright as a halogen if the snow if blowing. mine are the Grote brand ones.

4. H&HPropertyMait

H&HPropertyMait Senior Member

Go led when you find some. And I believe the 6" ovals are more popular. Just google "6" led back up light"

Last edited: Dec 2, 2011
  5. palatineplowboy

palatineplowboy Junior Member

6. NY_plow_guy

NY_plow_guy Junior Member
    from CNY

I am in the same boat. Id like set not to crazy bright but something that i can also see behind me as well. I know that the Maxxima 18 led oval lights are worthless for back up lights. I've seen alot of them but am not sure how bright they are and i don't really want to keep ordering lights that wont work for me.

7. 90plow

90plow Senior Member

8. mike1316

mike1316 Senior Member

Mine are from napa they are truck lite .there are 23 leds in them.[​IMG] [​IMG]

9. 90plow

90plow Senior Member

I know some LEDs look bright but dont light up the ground how are those?

10. mike1316

mike1316 Senior Member

They are bright i like them .they light up the ground alot. In the first pic i put is the leds in the bumper and leds in the factory lens also.[​IMG] MG]

11. mike1316

mike1316 Senior Member

12. mike1316

mike1316 Senior Member

13. nathan11507

nathan11507 Member

I have always used auxillary fog lights hard wired in the last five years and plenty bright enuf.....with the the factoiry back up light as well......cost me twenty bucks and have gotten 5 yrs outta of them and still goin strong

14. SharpBlades

SharpBlades Senior Member

If you have the budget, check out the sound off 500 lumen led flood lights or 1000 lumen (square) flood lights. They are pricy but they light up whatever they are pointed at like day

15. 09Daxman

09Daxman Senior Member

16. larryhd

larryhd Senior Member
    from vermont

i run the sound-off work lights and all I can say is daylight. I've got them on my plow trucks and atvs

17. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict