1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Backup lights and Connectors

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by TazLandscapes, Oct 1, 2007.

1. TazLandscapes

TazLandscapes Senior Member

1st off i am looking for some 4 prong male and female connectors for some lights that i am running. I went to the local auto parts store but they only have the ones for trailers that are already wired up.SO would these connectors work with them being already wired up or do i n eed to strip the wires out of them and run new wires to them.

2nd.I have those cheap $20 Napa lights that i am going to wire up for spotlights and reverse lights.I already bought a set of whitenight lights for the truck. I am putting these on my backrack for both spotlights and extra reverse lightings.and was wondering if i can get something a little brighter.

2. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

Get a set of CAT model G spotlights from the skidsteers....brightest lights ever
  3. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

IF you want bright get some KC highlighter floods lol. The main thing is make sure you use a relay when adding extra lights.
  4. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Sorry the pic is small. Its called a quick fix something or other. This is exactly what i used to hook up my work lights and strobes. The top comes off and theres 4 metal splicing connectors for the wires, just lay the wires in it and clip the top back down....done. (i did solder mine in place though)

5. nevrnf

nevrnf Senior Member

6. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

For sure of the best out there. I use them on all of my connections. Not Cheap but they do a great job.

Regards Mike
  7. TazLandscapes

TazLandscapes Senior Member

IOn the cheap napa lights there was only one wire on them and i want to hook them up to my switch box.I want to use a a connector for them and would a one wire weatherpack connector work or should i spring and get three wire setup.Also i am looking at putting lights on my SanderI will have one looking straight back for reverse and one looking down at the spreader disk.And i am putting two Whelen tir3 led flashers on them and i want to use all weatherpack connectors on them and was wondering what weatherpack connector should i use there all going to be on diffrent toggle switches. and was thinking a two three wire connectors should be fine..

8. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

HI Taz
    You could share the ground with all three, then you would need a slot in the weatherpac for all of the power feeds. I picked my ground up off the tailgate striker bolt instead of running a ground all the way back to the switch.

Good Luck Mike