1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

backup camera

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by hardwoodcd, Mar 12, 2011.

1. hardwoodcd

hardwoodcd Senior Member

Hey guys. I am looking to put a backup camera on my truck. I have a buddy that installed one that co-insides with the license plate bracket holes. however he can't see his ball when hooking onto a trailer. I would like to be able to see everything I want including my hitch ball when hooking up. I have found and aftermarket tailgate handle with a camera in it but only for 09 and 2010 models. My truck is an 06. Let me know what you guys have used. Thanks, Casey

2. MrPLow2011

MrPLow2011 Senior Member
    from Boston

he must have the one you can buy from advanced auto for 100 bucks or so. Did he try to shim it a lil to get it to angle down

3. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

There are many threads on here about back up cameras. Just so a serch. Myself I have on from Rear View Saftey and love it. I have mine mounted under my dump insert, I can see the trailer hitch when Im backing uo to a trailer, can see my spinner head when Im salting and behind me when Im plowing.

Mike