1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Backup camera

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Hysert, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Hysert

Hysert PlowSite.com Addict

Installed a wireless backup camera 3 weeks ago and I must say it's great. For those running dumps with V box spreaders a must. this one I got on ebay 7" LCD screen, 2 video inputs, audio, adjustable and indash mounts, night vision, transmitters (picture is clear) all your contrast and stuff, I haven't had any troubles yet besides getting out to wipe the Len's for each lot. I also run it continuously and monitor the salting....For $130 the price is right, if it last for two years I'm happy. Not damaging the spinner or someone's property is worth the price alone....
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2011
  2. 20Silverado05

20Silverado05 Senior Member

Thats the same one that a guy I know has on his flat bed tow truck he says he loves it .
  3. clydebusa

clydebusa Member

I have one on a plow truck and a construction truck. LOVE THEM!
  4. njsnowremoval

njsnowremoval Senior Member

Hey looks good, the only thing id suggest is to electrical tape the imput connectors by the camera that are hanging there and try to tuck them away so they stay dryer and dont get corroded by the salt.
  5. Maleko

Maleko Senior Member
    from Ct

I just bought one too. Dont know how i ever did without one..
  6. Hysert

Thanks I honestly didn't think it would last this long and now that the truck is clean and dry I'm going to clean the install up with the camera.... ( I did throw some grease on the connections though,)
  7. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

why not mount that on the top of the vbox facing downward a little bit?..
  8. Hysert

Well u would still get a small blind spot where the spinner is. Plus I would have to relocate in the summer, with it here u can literally put the spinner as close as u want to the object. Just my preferance I guess
  9. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

Bought the same setup for two of our trucks.. Works great. First one went wired. Second wireless but it flickered to much so switched it to wired.. It was nice that the way the one I bought for wireless wasn't build in but actually a transmitter/reciever add on, so easy to remove and hard wire.

One on downeaster is mounted on top of replacement tailgate salter pointed slightly down, so I can see edge of spindle and far behind me.
    Other is mounted in the middle of the Vbox on the chute just under engine compartment. Great for seeing alot behind you, just can't judge how close the truck is to something since you can't see the spindle on the camera. Thats only a problem when you want to get within a foot of something

The Vbox one rarely gets anythign on the camera be it water or salt in it's mounted location.
    The Downeaster tends to get covered when the roads are wet, but even wet you can still see alot with these units.

For the same price you paid, you can't beat it.
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2011
  10. Maleko

Maleko Senior Member
    from Ct

11. pwrstroke6john

pwrstroke6john Senior Member

Looks great, did you pay 130 for everything the camera and monitor? if so do you have a link to the company?
  12. Hysert

Hey yes $130 for everything. I got it on ebay search (wireless backup camera) and the seller was "xories"
  13. Hysert

$120 and $13 for shipping get this... order on a sunday and delivered that Wedsday from Japan????? I know 3 days crazy:dizzy: