1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Backup camera display options?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by WilliamOak, Nov 14, 2010.

1. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

I have had a backup camera (camera only) that has sat around for over a year now. I got it on sale and it didnt come with a display. I would like to put it in eventually but first wanted to explore what options I have as far as a monitor/display goes. A'll I've really come up with has been a 3"-4" monitor or one of those rear view replacement mirrors but I'd like to keep the OEM one on the truck.. What I'm more curious about is where to mount it!

2. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

Why not get a new head unit and use that? DVD player, navigation, and back up camera screen.

3. WilliamOak

Unless I'm outdated on headunits, I'd be looking at close to a grand for a decent one Where I don't lose my controls on the steering wheel right?

4. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Hi William
    I mounted mine to the windshield with a suction mount ball. I have it just to the right of my rearview mirrow and angled to face me. www.rearviewsaftey.com is where I bought mine from. I do have a extra 7 inch monitior that I can sell you cheap if you are looking for one. Send me a PM if you want to talk about it.

Mike

5. WilliamOak

PM sent!!!

6. WilliamOak

Bumpin this up..

7. cjwoz

cjwoz Senior Member
    from CHICAGO

Try looking at cubbycam.com i have their system in my Avalanche. if you want pic let me know

8. WilliamOak

Bumpin this up, I already have the camera, need a display. Should I just go the ebay route? A display has to be a display to some extent right?? it's not like I'm watchin movies on this thing.

9. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

10. WilliamOak

Now thats just too damn cool. $$. too bad they don't sell that bezel seperately lol.