1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Backup Buddy - top notch service

Discussion in 'Back-up Buddy - Back-up & Utility Lights - Trucks' started by blwnsmoke, Jan 6, 2014.

1. blwnsmoke

blwnsmoke Member

I had an unfortunate issue last winter where I backed into a snowbank. Something must have been really solid in it because it actually punctured my backup buddy. At first I didn't know how it happened but upon further inspection, the bottom right corner of the box had a little knick on it. Of all the places, it had to be the one spot that was 1/32" in size and because of that it pushed part that goes into the receiver into the back up buddy causing it to be angled.

Well I continued to use it the rest of the winter and I knew I was out of warranty. I contacted Gary and he said to mail it to him and he'll replace the box for a minimal fee.

So I then procrastinated all summer and when the first storm came, I went to slide it back in (still damaged) to only find out nothing worked. I popped out the amber light to find everything rusted on the bottom. Although dented, I didn't realize that it actually punctured a hole in it allowing water to get in and rust everything.

So I mailed it to Gary and within a week he rebuilt my unit. Now I shouldn't say my unit because he actually built a whole new unit for me only reusing the amber light for the price that he first mentioned this Spring to me.

I have to say that although this was a freak incident, Gary was top notch when it came to service and repair. It was awesome having a working light again for this last storm we just got up in New England.

For anyone questioning on whether to buy one, don't hesitate. It performs incredibly.

Thank you Gary for providing such standup service!!!

Brian

2. Cond Enterprise

Cond Enterprise Member

I had a custom one made for Christmas and love it!! The quality and performance of this unit is amazing. Don't know why I waited so long to get it. If your on the fence don't hesitate, call Gary and buy it!!

3. blwnsmoke

blwnsmoke Member

Mine was a little custom as well. I have an additional wire harness out the back (2 pin) and I have 2 power wires running from my upfitter switches with the same 2 pin plug. Just plug them in and keep the toggle switches in the center position and I can control the floods and the amber separately from inside the truck so I don't have to get out and flip a switch if I want them on all the time at each parking lot.

Works like a champ.. it still uses the ground in the 7way so only need to run the 2 power wires.

4. backupbuddy

backupbuddy Senior Member

Thanks Brian QUOTE=blwnsmoke;1712466]Mine was a little custom as well. I have an additional wire harness out the back (2 pin) and I have 2 power wires running from my upfitter switches with the same 2 pin plug. Just plug them in and keep the toggle switches in the center position and I can control the floods and the amber separately from inside the truck so I don't have to get out and flip a switch if I want them on all the time at each parking lot.

Works like a champ.. it still uses the ground in the 7way so only need to run the 2 power wires.[/QUOTE]

5. backupbuddy

backupbuddy Senior Member

Hi Cond I don't know why you waited so long either lol but again thank you for you purchase. Guys and gals if you are on the fence don't be you have nothing to loose if you get one of our units and it isn't what you were looking for please don't hesitate to send it back for a full refund no questions asked. Well we might ask you why lol but we will refund your money. I take pride in every unit we build and I can say this there isn't a Back-up and utility light product that even comes close to the quality, ease of use, and durability to ours. You won't regret your purchase.
    Thanks, Gary