1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

backrack with tonneou cover

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by finnegan, Oct 10, 2005.

1. finnegan

finnegan Senior Member

does any one have one and did you have to modify anthing to have both on your truck and if you have one do you have pics.....
  2. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

I have a cover, and I know on a 2005 Dodge Ram if you want a cover there is no getting a Back Rack on there.
  3. EIB

EIB Senior Member

Yes, you can put a cover on with the back rack. I had one. The frame of the cover sits on the inside of the box rail, instead of on top of it. It is not as weather proof, but it works.
  4. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

the owner before me had a backrack, toolbox, and tannou cover on the truck at once. it looked sharp
  5. finnegan

finnegan Senior Member

im thinking of getting the truxedo cause you can roll it up no matter what the weather is but im sure ill have to mod the backrack ---looks like i'll be welding again.....
  6. jglandscaping

jglandscaping Senior Member

The truxedo was the best thing I ever bought for my truck. It great for the winter, being able to put tow straps and shovels and anything I need in the back an nother having to worry about it. It also great cause I dont have to shovel the bed out after it snows:realmad: . I would like to do a back rack though, but dont want to buy one just to mangle it and rebuild it, I might buy one for my 1/2 ton and see if it will work on my HD, if it does I might buy one for that.