1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

backrack pics

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by PTSolutions, Oct 20, 2009.

1. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

promised id get some better pics of the backrack we made for my brothers truck. ill have to get a vid at night showing it all lit up.

the sides and top bar have led running lights, the 4 chromed led lights are running/stop/turn lights

used herculiner bed lining to paint it up.

2. PTSolutions

3. soccerlawn

soccerlawn Member

Damn thats impressive
  4. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

That is sweet can't wait to see it lit up. Great job
  5. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

How much for one?...

I'm serious.
  6. blk90s13

blk90s13 PlowSite.com Addict

make that two please
  7. PTSolutions

lol, the metal we used for that one was what we pulled apart from a shelving system that a store got rid of a few years back. the frame was totally modular and we just cut it apart and used the metal.

ill be making one for my truck this winter, its gonna look different, not soo in your face with all the chrome, but more menacing and sleek...

you'd be better off asking the other guy who made his backrack on here recently, the quality of his welds are absolutely ridiculous, it looks amazing. tell him u want this design.
  8. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good.

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

it looks sick, except for those ugly chrome ( lights???) that are all over it.
  10. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

Thats what I was thinking!!

Other than that it looks good!!
  11. PTSolutions

hahaha, ill have to tell my brother, he picked those out, he wanted it to look like a semi truck. I dont like the chrome either, looks a lil redneck for me. mine will have led strips, no chrome.
  12. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

You did a nice job, I need to paint my backrack with that herculiner-that looks nice and will probably hold up better than paint
  13. grosser397

grosser397 Senior Member

i got a product that i can get thats simalar to the hurcaliner but much more tough. its call KEY KOAT paitable under body coating. the stuff is tuff! its black but you can paint over it with any color. i used it on my old ultra mount and did the whole back side then painted over it red and i got soooooooo many compliments on it. as far i know auto body shops can only get it.
  14. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Put some clear on those niteshaded taillights. The rack looks nice!
  15. BoyneCityGuy

BoyneCityGuy Senior Member

Pro Touch,
    looks great, i agree with everyone else that the chrome isn't my style. one suggestion: get a roll of black wire loom and some black zip ties and hide all those wires nice and neat behind the rack...makes the whole thing look cleaner IMO...but nice job!
  16. PTSolutions

actually, he had to take the rack off b/c he missed a spot lining it the first time and the exposed weld started to rust, so he took the whole rack off and redid it, which is why the wires are just hanging. i had loom running across the horizontal piece and screwed in with cable holders
  17. BoyneCityGuy

BoyneCityGuy Senior Member

ahh i see, that would be nicer...maybe he will re hang it since the holes are already there! i have mine zip tied on currently, i may screw it though, at the install time i was really torn putting holes into my shiney new rack, but it has a few now for CB antenna mounts, so i guess a few more wouldnt hurt...lookin at new trucks tho, which probably means a new rack, so i might not bother! new truck = payup, but would be really nice xysport
  18. fisher guy

fisher guy PlowSite.com Addict

looks sweet man i showed my buddy and now were gonna make one similar to that one for my truck looks sweet
  19. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Nice rack!
  20. NCat496

NCat496 Senior Member

i swear i saw this truck at yankee lake, has he ever been there? the reason i recognized it was because of the tow hooks that were mounted on the meyer forks.