1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

BackRack and Mini Lightbar

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by BlueRam2500, Mar 22, 2006.

1. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Senior Member

I just received my Whelan Mini strobe bar and want to mount it to the BackRack. The mounting plate I bought with it is too small so I have to return it. How do you guys have them mounted? I was thinking of taking it to my friend's shop (he's a fabricator) to have him weld a plate to the BackRack in order to mount it. Any other suggestions? Thanks in advance.:D

2. NEPSJay

NEPSJay Senior Member

try asking in another forum.....this is the picture category

3. dRam2500CT

dRam2500CT Member
    from USA

While we're in the picture catagory do you have a pic of your Ram with the backrack on?

I've been contemplating it, but I haven't seen a blue 2500 with one on it.

4. BlueRam2500

Post your e-mail address and I will send you a pic of my truck with the BackRack on it.

5. dRam2500CT

dRam2500CT Member
    from USA

6. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

You don't need anything fancy or welded. Just get a couple of pieces of aluminum channel and tip them on edge then line them up with the depth of the light, cut at an angle and you just notch a samll bit of the web ot so that it will fit into the same groove that the stantard plastic roof bracket goes.

Dont weld to the BackRack because it will rust for sure.

Hope this pic helps.

PA060021.JPG

7. BlueRam2500

Not trying to break balls, but can you get a pic closer to the mount? Thanks

8. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

Just went out side to take another pic and remembered that I took the wifes Expedition to the office this am. I am leveing on a week long vacation and will do it when I return.

9. BlueRam2500

Anyone know if the brackets for a full size lightbar would work with the Whelan Mini bar?

10. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

blue ram 2500 - yah ... get the flat mount slide brackets there about $60.00 for a set .. but there made to slide in the channel under the bar .. and they have 3.5 inch - 1/2 inch wide studs with nuts ... there made for tow trucks .. just grabbed a set for my whelen bar last year .... work perfect ..

11. BlueRam2500

Awesome! I'm gonna order those from where I got the lightbar. Question though-did you take the plastic feet off the bottom of the lightbar and just bolt it right up to the 4 holes in the bottom of the bar?

12. groundbreakers

before you install the slide brackets you have to pop out the plastic screw insterts located on the bottom ... then you have to remove each end cap of the bar .. and then slide on the brackets in the channel section on the botton of the bar .. now where ever your gonna mount this your have to have a bracket big enough to allow your studs to go through and still be able to tighten them up ... i will grap a pic of mine tonight .. and show em to you tommorow ... its really a simple job just hard to explain ..

13. BlueRam2500

Sounds easy enough, but a pic or 2 would definetly help out. Thanks again.

14. BlueRam2500

I ordered those brackets today and should have them tomorrow. I confirmed with the place that the brackets for the full size lightbar will work with the Whelan Mini-strobe bar. A friend of mine is going to help me install the light bar as well as 2 work lights next weekend. I will post pics as soon as I get it installed.

15. groundbreakers

yah ... easy as cake im will take a pic of my setup later on tonight .... pretty self explanatory ....

16. FIREDUDE26

FIREDUDE26 Member

where did you get your backrack?

Groundbreakers where did you get your from?

17. groundbreakers

FIREDUDE26 - I bought mine at a police installation center called WINDER POLICE EQUIPMENT ... OR there's another place called PRIORITY 1 EMERGENCY out in lovonia .... WINDER's is in SOUTHGATE, MI

18. groundbreakers

Blue Ram 1500 - here a few pics of my setup hope it might be helpful .. .. got a few of the brackets and what my truck looks like ...

MVC-018F.JPG

MVC-019F.JPG

MVC-020F.JPG

MVC-021F.JPG

19. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Looks real slick on that Dakota!

20. BlueRam2500

Definetly looks good thanks for the pics.