1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Backrack and CB Mount

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by snyps, Feb 19, 2007.

1. snyps

snyps Senior Member

Has anyone used the Antenna mount for their backrack? If so how well does it work. I am wondering if it will be grounded well enough to work with a CB antenna.

2. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

I have not done it personally, but I saw a guy a few days ago with a backrack and two firesticks attatched to it.
  3. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Senior Member
    from Mass

I am not 100% familar with the backrack mounting, but it is worth mentioning that some truck beds are not really grounded well enough for best RF. The more ground you can get to the rack the better. If I were you I would run a nice clean ground from the frame to the back-rack. The more clean grounds you run the better for the RF. FYI not refering to DC ground. :)

If you have a CB with a tuner, you should see the effect of the added ground if you remove it and add it, if in fact the ract did not have a good RF ground in the first place.
  4. crossboneracing

crossboneracing Senior Member

DOnt bother its a rip off I just took a piece of stainless bent at a 90 and drilled 2 holes. Ill take some pics tonight or tomorrow for you. Backracks stuff is junk it rusts and fits like ****. You are better off to make something yourself. I will get those pics up 2morro.

5. ryan67

ryan67 Junior Member

first thing you need to do is quit wasting your money on those "whip" antennas. Spend some money and buy a Wilson 5000 magnet mount. You won't even think it's the same radio. Those whip antennas are a good decoration, but work like s###. Now you won't have grounding problems with your antennas.
    As far as the back rak mounts, been using the racks and mounts for years and work great, but for good antennas.