1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Backplowing blade

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by mtfd774, Nov 20, 2005.

1. mtfd774

mtfd774 Member
    from conn

I'm looking to fabricate a backplow blade for new Meyers 7.5 st. Any ideas
  2. Mowerpan

Mowerpan Senior Member

I'd just do like the ones I've seen, get a piece of flatstock prolly 3/8 inch thick and then make little "arms" that attach to the plow so the flatstock swings on these arms when plowing forward it just gets dragged along btu when you backblade it digs in.
  3. mtfd774

mtfd774 Member
    from conn

Any pics, unsure where to mount arms
  4. murphyslaw

murphyslaw Senior Member

her is a few pics of mine on my 7.5 meyer. i used my old cutting edge.

5. finnegan

finnegan Senior Member

take 2 pieces of 3inch flat stock at least 1/4 inch will do and figue out the angle you need to have when the plow is down-once you have that angle weld the 2pieces together ,then loosen cutting edge and slip between edge and plow ,then retighten the cutting edge bolts to hold in place ....works wonders
  6. DodgeBlizzard

DodgeBlizzard Senior Member

Do you have any pics of this setup? I need to get a setup to simplify those hard residentials and tight spots.
  7. finnegan

finnegan Senior Member

if you look at the one on the western site,its just like that but i will try and get some pics out