1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

backplow snow into middle of culdesac?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jblatti13, Feb 11, 2010.

1. jblatti13

jblatti13 Senior Member

so i was out cleaning my own drive the other night after our storm... see a truck with a back plow pull into the niehgbors house, i was curious since ive thought about getin a back blade myself, but this guy didnt have a front blade at all. so im thinking to myself, where and how is he going to get the snow into the grass or at least out of the road?

well after i finished cleaning up, i drove down to check it out. he did a decent job cleaning the drive, kind of a difficult curving driveway so he got into the grass a little but whateevr, but then i look across the street, and he pulled the pile right into the cul de sac that 30 mins prior to that had just been cleaned by the city's loader. what the hell is that about? id like to hear form you guys that have back blades and if you dont have a front plow, how do you get the snow outa the way without driving through their yard? this semed ignorant to me that this guy just left it there, maybe im wrong i dont know?

2. You take the rear plow and back up in to pile and push it to grass

3. jblatti13

jblatti13 Senior Member

so it can be done, and this jamoke just figured it was easier to leave it in the middle of the street? thats what i thought. thanks

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Some of the ones we have look like a spoke wheel after the plow guys are done. They all push into the center of the cul de sac .

5. k5PlowGuy

k5PlowGuy Member

I haven't seen anyone who has a back blade and no front blade as it doesn't make much sense. The back blade is supposed to be a good tool with a front blade, but why would this guy care when he doesn't clean up after himself, very ignorant. Oh and definately invest in a back blade, cuts your time down and the down pressure cleans drives nicely. Plus if you hit grass with the backblade like he did, it usually doesn't do any damage to the grass and glides over the top. With the back blade I do 62 driveways in 5 hours (Less if I would stop smoking for cig breaks every hour).