1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Backing into snow banks and a little about our company

Discussion in 'Back-up Buddy - Back-up & Utility Lights - Trucks' started by backupbuddy, Jan 8, 2010.

1. backupbuddy

backupbuddy Senior Member

I want to answer a common question I get a lot about the Back-up Buddy. What will happen if you hit a snow bank with these units? I've had the amber strobe model on one of my dump trucks for the past 2 years and never replaced a bulb yet. My driver smashes into snow banks every storm, how do I know this because the lights are folded in.

I made my first one 3 years ago after researching online to see if there was any products out there that would automatically go on in reverse and that you wouldn't have to hard wire. After seeing there was nothing out there I made the first Back-up Buddy. Some of my friends saw it and asked if I could make them one. With a little encouragement from my friends I decided to show it at a Snow and Ice Expo in September of 2008 to see if other people in our industry would like it and the response was so good I decided to start this company. I only use quality products to build these and stand behind every product I sell. That is why I put a 30 day no hassle and (I mean no hassle) money back warranty. If your not happy we are not happy.

If anyone has any questions or comments please let me know!

Thanks,
    Gary
    Back-up Buddy Inc

2. backupbuddy

Last edited: Jan 15, 2010
  3. Buck Bros.

Buck Bros. Member

Its done with mirrors .

4. backupbuddy

You caught me. lol