1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Backhoes

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by XplowX, Jan 23, 2011.

1. XplowX

XplowX Junior Member

I'm in the process of buying a used backhoe, i was wondering if anyone on here has a JCB, and how do like them, quality wise, getting parts, dealer support. im leaning towards a Case 580M right now, but i can a JCB for half the price.

2. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

We have a 212S and a 416HT now and have had a few 214's in the past. For what we do...they are more than enough machine. Dealer support is ok...parts are usually here next day if ordered from Savannah Georgia. My experiences with JCB have been great and wouldnt hesitate to buy another...in fact i'm going to look at a 426 next week.

What are you looking to buy?

3. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

I'm a Deere man[my fiancee will tell you,maybe:)],but a friend of mine has a good size JCB and he loves his,says it's been real good to him.Only problem I see is that dealers are very few and far apart.

4. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

We have a 214, other than some funky front end issues we've been having it's a good machine. We've been eating U Joints up front, we're on our third set in 6 months, hopefully we have right this time, apparenty the sterring stops mushroomed and allowed the steering to travel too much thus tearing up the U Joints. We welded in some extensions and it doesn't turn as nice anymore, but it should last ALOT longer.

5. DGODGR

DGODGR Senior Member
    from s/w co

Dude, I can't see a word you are typing. The only thing I can see an any of your posts is the new avatar. Tssssss (sizzle noise).

6. EdNewman

EdNewman Senior Member

First season with a new JCB, machine is great in design, but has had some power issues in the first 100 hours. Dealer service is great, they have bent over backwards for me.