1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Backhoes plowing....

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by cmo18, Oct 25, 2014.

1. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

We're adding a cat 420 this year and I've been doing a lot of reading and watching on plowing with backhoe....

Not many videos or pictures on this site, let's see what your using! And any opinion or feedback would be great
  2. LapeerLandscape

LapeerLandscape PlowSite.com Addict

We rented a 420E Cat last year, it worked real good with a 14ft box on it, lots of power.
  3. johnhenry1933

johnhenry1933 Senior Member

We use a Terex 760 to stack and relocate piles when we get in too deep. Couldn't do it w/o it.
  4. Perry.

Perry. Member

lots of people here use them here in Montreal
  5. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

6. dirtnazi

dirtnazi Member
    from ct

We have a JCB With a 12 ft boss pusher works great
  7. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

The case seems to push pretty good!

We're going to be putting either a liveboxx or plowmaxx on the new backhoe...I always wanted to try a liveboxx to see how well it scrapes but the plowmaxx is the best invention ever, we have one now and it's so versatile...I hope a liveedge will get added to the plowmaxx
  8. 94gt331

94gt331 Senior Member
    from usa

It would be really nice to have a backhoe and a pusher around for piece of mind for us, especially for heavy snow.
  9. Neige

Neige Sponsor

You can get LiveEdge on the new Metal Pless PlowMaxx. We Have several still in stock.
  10. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

Can you pm me some prices for a 10-16, liveedge and non liveedge

And can you also price out a 10ft box?
  11. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

Just watch out for parked cars trees light posts.. They tend to sneak up on you.

I've used a Deere 710D powerful fuel hogg and a Deere 310 non turbo. Biggest dog ever. Id put a 8' blade of pusher on it max. Good to relocate snow with and load salt that's about all.
  12. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

[​IMG]A couple shots of our backhoes plowing:
  13. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

What size box on the 310se? How does she do?
  14. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

All of the backhoes use 12' pushers. We do have some 14' pushers on our loaders. They handle the 12' perfectly.