1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by bwslats, Oct 6, 2003.

1. bwslats

bwslats Junior Member

we will be purchasing a backhoe this fall. considering
    case 580 m turbo
    deere 310 g turbo
    cat 416 d turbo

All are 4 wheel ex hoe. Any imput would be great
  2. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

All are respectable machines, but the Cat wins my vote. The controls for the hoe are electronic like their newer excavators, are effortless in their use and far less fatiguing at the end of the day.
  3. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

I would go with the case but it would have to be the super M.I have tried out the cat 420D with the excavator controls it had an air ride seat which is a nice feature.I miself have a 580L and wish i could of got the superL at the time with the third valve. the new Deere's look good to but have not tried them out.
  4. phillyplowking1

phillyplowking1 Senior Member

I have 4 case 580 super L s and 2 new 590 super M s ,they are great machines never have any trouble with any of them.They run everyday most of the year including all the snow storms.